We are looking for an Assistant Event Coordinator to arrange motorsport and recreational vehicle events with us.
FHRA Marketing Oy Ltd is owned by the Finnish Hot Rod Association. The association has been operating since 1972 and acts as an umbrella organization in the recreational vehicle field. We organize a couple of dozen events each year. Our main event is the American Car Show, which has been organized 41 times. We also arrange Drag Racing events in the Finnish Championship series and one European Championship event. Nitro Nationals is the most substantial motorsport event that we organize. In addition, we also arrange a few Streetmen’s Drag Race events each year at both Vesivehmaa and Helsinki-Malmi Airport. During the summer months, Cruising events are also part of our job.
We are looking for an efficient, productive, customer-oriented and accurate person that maintains their operational capability in the middle of the busy summer season.
Assistant Event Coordinator’s tasks include:
- tasks related to the coordination, organization and development of our events
- management of the event office and related customer service, cash management and reporting
- assisting tasks in marketing and communication by contributing with website contents and social media channels
- customer service by phone and email, and reception of guests at the office
- ticket sales, ticket sales instructions, and instructions for other event workers
- competitor, exhibitor, agent and sales listings, and various reports on office supplies and materials
- Assistance in recording invoices and receipts, archiving contracts and protocols, and inventory of wristband supplies
To succeed in this task:
- fluency in Finnish and English, Swedish language is considered a plus.
- readiness to travel in Finland and a driving license (minimum B, all other letters are plus)
- willingness to work on evenings and weekends during the events
- experience in versatile office work or alternatively events and competitions from the organizer’s point of view
- Driven and productive work attitude
- pressure tolerance and ability to follow and implement the given instructions
- experience in cash handling/cash reports
- good IT skills (at least Excel and Word)
Experience with racing or association activity is an advantage for the applicant. We are a small expert organization, so it is particularly important for us to find a colleague who has a strong will to succeed and get things done. The desire and the ability to learn new things will take you a long way in this job. We work in a constantly changing environment, so there’s something new to learn almost every day.
For the right person, we offer a comfortable work environment in the heart of our summer events. We give our full support for you to succeed in your job. We will guide you through your tasks and support and teach you on your development path. We offer the possibility of working from home, outside of the event hours. Working hours are flexible and this is a fixed term summer job from 1.4.-31.8.2019 or according to agreement. Our office is located at Helsinki-Malmi Airport.
Please send your CV and your application with salary requests by 17 March 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the task, please contact weekdays 12.00 -14.00:
Kaisa Lökfors (AD & Event Producer) email@example.com / tel. +358 207 430 752 or
Tea Westerlund (Office Manager & Event Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org / tel. 0207 430 754
For more information about our operations and events, please visit our website: